Chinese company Xiaomi known for their low-cost electronics featuring high end specs, have announced they are releasing an upgraded fitness tracker. The Mi Band 2 is the first activity tracker from Xiaomi made with an OLED display. As you would expect from a fitness tracker the device shows step count, time, and heart rate. According to Forbes, the Mi Band 2 will cost 149 RMB (£16) in China once it’s available. This is actually Xiaomi’s third fitness tracker following the company’s ultra-cheap and popular £8 Mi Band two years ago and last years Mi Pulse.
- Fitness, heart rate and sleep tracker
- OLED display, view time, step count, heart rate
- 20-day battery, IP67 water resistant
- ADI accelerometer and optical heart rate sensor
- Anodized 0.05mm ultra-thin button
- Upgraded pedometer algorithm
- Hypoallergenic silicone band
- 2nd gen Bluetooth 4.0 for faster, stable connections
- Price: 149 RMB or $22 after conversion
- Available for order in China on Jun 7, at 10:00 Beijing Time
(Stated on their product page: 6月7日 早10点开售)
Official product page in Chinese can be found here.