Airtame, a Danish startup that produces a wireless HDMI solution for both the business and education sectors, has announced the launch of its second generation hardware product, Airtame 2.
The company started in 2014 with a record-breaking crowdfunding campaign and a mission to remove cables in professional environments. The new product will deliver much more than a cable-free solution by tapping into digital signage and app integrations. Whereas the first generation Airtame was mostly a screen mirroring solution, Airtame 2 takes huge steps forward in design and functionality by re-imagining how to turn blank screens into smart, collaborative displays. It will improve any forward-thinking workspace, and is extremely easy to use.
The Airtame essentials
- Present wirelessly from computers and mobile devices to TVs and projectors over professional networks – supporting full motion video and audio
- Personalised standby screens – display websites, dashboards, beautiful imagery, or your company logo and info
- Digital signage with our native apps – make screens stand out with our mix of Homescreen integrations (currently in Beta)
- No more cables! Make workspaces look more clean and presentable
- Easy and quick remote management with Airtame Cloud
- Reduce IT support tickets by up to 80%
Brian Kyed, CPO and Co-Founder at Airtame, commented “Our objective with Airtame was initially ‘just’ to get rid of cables – a relatable and common issue in many organisations. We have since realised that there is much more to the issue. After years of product development and user feedback, we’re proud to deliver Airtame 2, which not only removes cables but helps organisations use screens better.”
Airtame 2 retails at £355 per device, and, compared to the first generation device, features 4 x more RAM, a 200% increase in wireless reach, an intuitive LED and a Kensington Lock slot for added security.
Not long ago, Airtame was awarded a €1.15 million EU grant through Horizon 2020. The company also announced recently that they reached 100,000 devices shipped. Airtame has doubled its revenue two years in a row.
Airtame 2 is available from £355 from https://airtame.com
What are the main differences between Airtame 1 and Airtame 2
- Hardware: Aside from shape – more RAM, more memory, which means a faster device, faster updates, and a product better equipped for future apps.
- Kensington lock input – so you can protect the device in your surroundings – a feature that has been in demand for DG1.
- Better, more stable WiFi connection (of course dependent on the network setup at your workspace)
- A longer custom cable is included in the Airtame 2 (Aircord) than DG1.
- Limitation: due to power requirements of DG2, it cannot be powered by USB port in TV
- PoE adapter – not supplied with the device, but will soon be available