HMD, the company who owns the license to produce the Nokia 8 phones, revealed a partnership with Zeiss earlier this month. Nokia has used the Carl-Zeiss lens in the past when Nokia had a very large share in the world market. Such phones such as Nokia N86, N96, N95, N73, 5800 will likely hold a place in the heart of many a mobile fan.
Now we have a leaked picture and some specs. Including a front mounted fingerprint sensor, that appears to be on the screen!
- a 5.3-inch display (2560 x 1440)
- a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB or 6GB of RAM
- 64GB of storage, and dual-SIM models.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- blue, silver and gold color
- Dual camera Zeiss-optics
- 3999mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, heart rate
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Venture Beat report that HMD will launch a Nokia 8 handset on July 31st at a price of €589 which would be a lot cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy s8 with almost same specs as of Nokia 8.